Esbenshade Mill Supervisor
- - ESB-Esbenshade Mill
- 17570, PA, USA
- Full Time
What your day looks like:
The Mill Supervisor is responsible for performing all phases necessary for daily production, and will delegate the work assignment of shift personnel. To accomplish these responsibilities, they will effectively collaborate with quality, procurement, nutrition, and transportation areas of the Company. The Mill Supervisor is also highly knowledgeable of all aspects of our Quality Assurance Program.
The Mill Supervisor is responsible for: scheduling daily feed mill activities; supervising the receipt and inventory of ingredients; preparing for and coordinating housekeeping activities; working with Maintenance team members on a daily basis in addressing downtime and other equipment related issues; facilitating and scheduling mandatory and other appropriate training; and participating in safety meetings
- Supervise and coordinate with Mill Manager and Mill Shift Supervisors all labor planning, utilization and evaluation.
- Work closely with the Centralized Training Manager to coordinate and deliver the training of all mill team members
- Actively engage in recruiting and retaining efforts
- Effectively and efficiently direct operations of all areas of the mill and ensure adherence to quality processes.
- Responsible for the timely production of feed and the most efficient feed manufacturing process to be utilized.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance team members the timely and efficient repair and maintenance of all equipment and coordinating repair and maintenance with feed production.
- Ensures compliance with all Mill Safety procedures and programs with Compliance Coordinator to minimize incidence of injury and reduce amount of recordable injuries.
- Perform intermediate level mechanical tasks and projects as needed
Ingredient and Inventory Management
- Work closely with the Mill Manager taking ownership for overall mill inventories.
- Attend and interact with full physical inventories as scheduled.
- Ensure mill team is properly trained on physical inventory count and cutoff procedures.
- Coordinate with Cost Accountant on all changes that may impact inventory count or measurement accuracy.
- Effectively communicate and plan workflow with Transportation, Logistics, Nutrify and mills, all feed and ingredient related needs.
Transportation and Delivery
- Supervise daily workload to promote efficient loading of finished feed
- Drive efficiency of related processes to reduce wait times
- Investigate quality related issues identified during in process assessment and testing
Administrative and Other
- Coordinate reporting and record-keeping functions with Mill Manager and Mill Shift Supervisors
- Maintain usage reports and operational records as needed
- Navigate, use and understand Wenger System and Laserfiche, as appropriate
- Function in an "on call" capacity
- Ability to fill in on other shifts as needed including weekends and overtime.
- Complete required training in a timely manner
- Assume duties during absence of Mill Manager
- Perform other duties as determined by the Mill Manager
Who you are:
- A minimum requirement of a high school degree and an associate or college degree desired (BA or BS in agriculture, manufacturing or relevant industry preferred)
- Able to proficiently perform all functions of Mill Technician III
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a feed mill or comparable manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of feed manufacturing techniques, equipment operation and maintenance
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities
- Possess an advanced knowledge level of animal nutrition
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values
- Ability to understand and follow Food Safety Standards – FSMA and SQF and State regulations
- Experience participating as a Safety Representative on the Safety Committee preferred
- Proficient math skills
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid oral and written communication skill
- Positive attitude
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrates safe behavior and ability to follow policies and procedures
- Intermediate maintenance skills
- Ability to operate various types of feed mill and related machinery
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values
Who are we:
We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
For all full-time team members, we offer full medical, dental and vision insurance. All team members are eligible to participate in a 401(k) Plan with an employer match, Basic Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonus, Safety Bonus, Meat Bonus, Easter Hams, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Annual Outing, Tuition Reimbursement, Wenger Sponsorship Program, Uniform and/or Corporate Wear, Tool and Boot Allowances, Recognition Awards. Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned. I have read this job description, understand and accept these duties, and agree to carry out the assigned duties to the best of my abilities in the best interest of Wenger and my fellow coworkers. I also have read, understand, and will, to the best of my abilities, follow and adhere to the Wenger Group Management structure, Wenger Group Mission, and Wenger Group Policies. I will respect those above and under my leadership according to The Wenger Group Core Values.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts