Logistics Planner - 2nd Shift
- - Logistics
- Rheems, PA, USA
- Full Time
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 850 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
Logistics Planner is responsible for coordinating resources necessary to ensure safe, timely, and efficient delivery of bulk animal feed, agricultural commodities, and related products. Core responsibilities involve working with customers, customer service, manufacturing, transportation, and garage operations to carry out the manufacturing/transportation plans and execute trips on a daily basis in a 24/7 dispatch operation.
- Create dispatch schedule for assigned feed mill locations
- Deploy WFM Transport resources to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded
- build transportation loads using information from the WIP and JDE.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers, drivers, and mills in a timely, professional & complete manner.
- Proactively contact customers with pertinent changing delivery information.
- Carry out, understand and, at times, logistically plan intra-mill transfers.
- Closely coordinate with the Transportation Logistics Supervisors and Senior Logistics and Transportation Planner to help ensure proper truck availability for maintenance.
- Coordinate driver availability with Transportation Logistics Supervisors.
- Follow all flushing and sequencing procedures for loading, unloading, and transferring feed.
- Communicate with drivers (WFM Transport FT/PT, contract carriers) as to which orders at the mill loadout should be loaded and transported.
- Work with team members from across the organization to resolve operational challenges.
- Use available technology (such as route planning software) to plan and execute trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Minimum one year experience as a dispatcher required.
- Experience working in a fast paced, 24/7 logistics operation.
- Experience with route planning software and EOBR systems preferred.
- Ability to tactically plan loads 6-10 hours or more in advance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and environmental conditions.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, MS Word, and Enterprise Resource Planning software.
- Flexibility with schedule to attend meetings during off shifts, provide additional shifts to cover PTO, workload volumes, staffing challenges and work weekends.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
For all full-time team members, we offer full medical, dental and vision insurance. All team members are eligible to participate in a 401(k) Plan with an employer match, Basic Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonus, Safety Bonus, Meat Bonus, Easter Hams, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Annual Outing, Tuition Reimbursement, Wenger Sponsorship Program, Uniform and/or Corporate Wear, Tool and Boot Allowances, Recognition Awards. Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
**Eligibility is dependent upon position, level, years of service, company performance, and Executive Team approval**
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.