Transportation/Logistics Supervisor Mount Joy Night Shift
- - Mount Joy Mill
- PA, USA
- Full Time
The Transportation and Logistics Supervisor is responsible for coordinating resources necessary to ensure safe, timely, and efficient delivery of bulk animal feed, agricultural commodities, and related products. Core responsibilities involve working with customers, customer service, manufacturing, transportation, and garage operations to carry out the manufacturing/transportation plans and execute trips on a daily basis in a 24/7 dispatch operation. This function works in a collaborative effort with the Manufacturing Supervisor and Mill Manager to provide timely and accurate feed production and delivery.
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
- Manage and coordinate scheduling of Wenger Feeds Truck Drivers on designated shift.
- Responsible for talent management activities including but not limited to training and development, recruiting, hiring, engagement, performance management, recognition, and succession planning.
- Deploy WFM Transport resources to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded according to scheduling plan.
- Build transportation loads using information from the WIP and JDE and in collaborative effort with feed production planning and transportation resources.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers, drivers, and mills in a timely, professional & complete manner.
- Carry out, understand and, at times, logistically plan intra-mill transfers.
- Work closely with the Central Transportation and Logistics Manager to help ensure proper truck availability for maintenance as well as to assist with driver demands between sites.
- Coordinate driver availability with other Transportation/Logistics Supervisors and/or Outside Carriers.
- Follow all flushing and sequencing procedures for loading, unloading, and transferring feed.
- Communicate with drivers (WFM Transport and contract carriers) as to which orders at the mill loadout should be loaded and transported.
- Work with team members from across the organization to resolve operational challenges.
- Use available technology (such as route planning software) to plan and execute trips as software becomes available.
- Work with the Night Shift Transportation and Logistics Supervisor and daily operational issues.
- Ensure compliance with FMCSA regulations and WFM Transportation policies.
- Assist and support the training and development of new team members and complete regular performance reviews.
- Meet needs of equipment and drivers on a daily and/or weekly schedule in coordination with the Transportation Manager/Logistics/WFM shop.
- Adhere to, manage, reinforce and enforce safety and quality policies and procedures to minimize incidents of injury, reduce number of recordable injuries, and improve overall quality of operations.
- Ability to train / assist drivers with the technology they use. WFM issued iPhone, Concur, Plan Source, Cornerstone, Samsara, Bsmart fueling app
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to work additional hours during Harvest seasons
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
Who are you:
Key Leadership Behaviors
- Strong leadership skills, including assisting with hiring, retaining, developing, and motivating top-tier transportation talent.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong teams with track record of personal engagement and relationship with team members, direct reports, customers, and suppliers.
- Motivated self-starter with strong decision-making, communication, organization, and multi-tasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to guide and influence stakeholders.
- A can-do attitude in a fast-paced environment and strives to excel in a growing team.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Performs well under pressure within a team and individual setting.
- Identifies solutions to problems.
- High School Diploma required.
Key Required Skills, Knowledge, and Capabilities:
- Valid (Class A) CDL license and airbrake endorsement or willingness to work toward obtaining this license within 1 year.
- Minimum one year experience in a logistics/transportation position.
- Experience working in a fast paced, 24/7 logistics operation.
- Experience with route planning software and EOBR systems preferred.
- Ability to tactically plan loads 6-12 hours or more in advance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and environmental conditions.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to work at heights of up to 15 feet.
- Ability to help with light mechanical repairs as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
- Flexibility with schedule to attend meetings during other shifts and work weekends.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals at all levels of the organization to achieve operational results and positive employee relationships.
- Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values.
Benefits you will have*:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Easter Hams
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Tuition Reimbursement
- CDL Tuition Reimbursement
- Wenger Scholarship Program
- Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
- Tool and Boot Allowances
- Recognition Awards
- Employee Perks Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
- Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
- Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
- Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
*full time positions