Mill Shift Supervisor (Weekend Shift) Mt Joy
- - Mount Joy Mill
- Mount Joy, PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Mill Shift Supervisor
Supervised by: Mill Manager, Mill Supervisor
Supervises: Mill Technicians
The Mill Shift Supervisor is the first level of leadership at the mill. They oversee and assist in the daily production of feed and receipt of ingredients as well as scheduling, assigning, and training mill personnel on scheduled shifts. To accomplish these responsibilities, they will effectively collaborate with quality, procurement, nutrition, and transportation areas of the Company as it relates to feed produced on their shift. Additionally, these supervisors are highly knowledgeable of the quality assurance program as it pertains to all mill processes.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Responsible for supervising and evaluating Mill technicians on assigned shifts (such as performance review).
• Assist in the training and enforcement of all environmental, quality, and food safety policies and procedures.
• Participate in the recruiting efforts for Mill technicians and laborers!
• Effectively and efficiently operate all areas of the mill.
• Oversee and assist in the production of feed on assigned shift effectively and efficiently.
• Responsible for overall cleanliness and appearance of the facility throughout the shift as determined by the Mill Supervisor. Assign and conduct housekeeping activities.
• Enforce safety policies and procedures to minimize incidence of injury and reduce number of recordable injuries.
• Ensure quality processes are adhered to and all personnel are knowledgeable of key quality assurance practices in areas where they are working.
Ingredient and Inventory Management
• Monitor and keep accurate ingredient/grain and bagged inventories.
• Effectively communicate with Transportation, Logistics, Nutrify and the outside mills.
Transportation and Delivery
• Collaborate with Logistics and drivers to ensure efficiency and quality product.
• Enforce environmental, quality, and food safety policies and procedures.
• Investigate, communicate and report feed related issues on their shift.
Administrative and Other
• Maintain usage reports and operational records as needed.
• Navigate, use, and understand Wenger System and Laserfiche, as appropriate.
• Function in an "on call" capacity.
• Ability to fill in on other shifts as needed including weekends and overtime.
• Complete required training in a timely manner.
• Assume duties during absence of Mill Supervisor.
• Perform other duties as determined by Mill leadership.
• Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values
• Ability to understand and follow Food Safety Standards – FSMA and SQF and State regulations
• Proficient math skills
• Intermediate computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
• Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
• Positive attitude
• Adaptable to change
• Demonstrates safe behavior and ability to follow policies and procedures
• General maintenance skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Solid oral and written communication skill
• Ability to operate various types of feed mill and related machinery
• A minimum requirement of a high school degree or equivalent
• Able to perform all functions of Mill Technician II within first 6 (six) months in the position
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a feed mill or comparable manufacturing environment (preferred)
• Knowledge of feed manufacturing techniques, equipment operation and maintenance preferred
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Possess a knowledge level of animal nutrition preferred
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to work in dusty conditions
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned. I have read this job description, understand and accept these duties, and agree to carry out the assigned duties to the best of my abilities in the best interest of Wenger and my fellow coworkers. I also have read, understand, and will, to the best of my abilities, follow and adhere to the Wenger Group Management structure, Wenger Group Mission, and Wenger Group Policies. I will respect those above and under my leadership according to The Wenger Group Core Values.