- - NT Procurement
- Rheems, PA, USA
- Full Time
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 850 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for driving efficiency, accuracy, and sustainability within all of Nutrify's accounting and administrative processes. This individual will oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including accounts payable, purchase order administration, and general ledger postings for Nutrify. This person is expected to directly work with and coach all Nutrify personnel relative to all administrative processes, programs and controls. The responsibility of the Accounting Manager will be to ensure that the financial performance of Nutrify is correctly and accurately represented through the reports, processes, and controls used within the company. Responsibilities for the Accounting Manager are as follows:
- Create sustainable processes for purchase order entry, receipt application, A/P match, inventory costing, and market pricing methodology by working with the Nutrify team.
- Lead the fiscal period end close process for Nutrify legal entity, including the posting or review of journal entry activity, the reconciliation of relevant general ledger accounts, and the review of management reports.
- Create simple-to-use, effective and easily repeatable processes to manage the Nutrify Administrative workload.
- Assist in the implementation and act as system owner of Nutrify software applications to ensure efficiency and accuracy are maximized in the all procurement systems.
- Collaborate with corporate accounting and treasury functions to ensure compliance with corporate policies and all system integrations between software platforms are accurate with effective internal controls. This includes managing and forecasting cash usage for Nutrify.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation and financial statement audit procedures as needed.
- Manage and lead improvements to our current business system to support sustainable growth.
- Provide complete back up of all members of the administrative team as needed.
Who You Are:
- Strong attention to detail in preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Excellent communication skills to work cross functionally across BU and corporate administrative functions.
- Strong discipline is required over transactional processes to maintain an effective control environment.
- Accounting skills are required to be successful in period end accounting and reconciliation processes.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with hedge accounting principles, merchandising concepts, and the trading of agricultural commodities as well as adequate knowledge of U.S. GAAP to guide the compliance of financial reporting to the parent company.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to work with the administrative team to meet customer and supplier needs.
- The ideal candidate has the mental toughness to act with urgency when required and to learn from mistakes. A consistent solutions mindset must be brought to urgent and important problems which need addressed.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to understand and work within a purchasing organization by understanding the main components of each area in the company.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications required
- General understanding of cost accounting and cost methodology
- JD Edwards skills preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Flexibility to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Must be able to work in a team environment
For all full-time team members, we offer full medical, dental and vision insurance. All team members are eligible to participate in a 401(k) Plan with an employer match, Basic Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonus, Safety Bonus, Meat Bonus, Easter Hams, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Annual Outing, Tuition Reimbursement, Wenger Sponsorship Program, Uniform and/or Corporate Wear, Tool and Boot Allowances, Recognition Awards. Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
**Eligibility is dependent upon position, level, years of service, company performance, and Executive Team approval**
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts