Mill Maintenance Technician- 1st Shift
- - Rheems Mill
- Rheems, PA, USA
- Full Time
This individual works under the direction of the Mill Supervisor and in coordination with the Mill Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Perform preventative maintenance and routine service on all mill equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment problems.
• Anticipate and plan for projected maintenance needs and prioritize tasks.
• Maintain accurate records of inventories and completed maintenance.
• Communicate and work effectively with all team members.
• Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
• Function as the "on call" maintenance for the mill.
• Perform general clean up as needed and keep tools organized.
• Travel to other mills when needed for preventive maintenance.
• Understand, utilize and navigate the Wenger System.
• Ensure adherence to Wenger policies, methods, and disciplines
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED
• General mechanical background of milling equipment
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to perform heavy lifting (maximum 80 pounds)
• Ability to work in dusty conditions
• Basic computer skills
• Basic electrical skills
• Basic plumbing skills
• Basic welding/torching skills
• Knowledge of steam systems and boilers
• Valid PA driver's license and can drive company vehicle, per policy
• Other duties as assigned.