CDL Feed Truck Driver - Night Shift
- - FH Esbenshade
- Mount Joy, PA, USA
- Full Time
Supervised by: Transportation Supervisor
This individual is responsible to load, transport and unload feed between the mill and the customer, ensuring the care of company and customer property. Additionally, based on operational demand, drivers will be routed between manufacturing locations, resulting in deliveries outside of their normal delivery area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection - assuring the safety of the vehicle.
- Drive in a safe manner.
- Load the correct feed from the appropriate bin, close bin and visually check the quality of feed and take sample of each order delivered - follow proper feed sampling procedures and wear required safety equipment.
- Deliver feed to correct farm and bin number in a timely and efficient manner.
- Report, clean up and properly dispose of feed spills.
- Maintain a clean and orderly vehicle and inform supervisor of vehicle problems.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance.
- Maintain proper company image on highway and on farm (e.g., proper equipment maintenance and attire).
- Report any problems observed in dealing with customers.
- At times, deliver loads of a Gross Weight of 95,000 lbs.
- Perform all duties to assure high quality CSA scores are maintained.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Valid (Class A) CDL and good driving record
- Endorsements "N" Tank; Air Brakes
- Ability to handle flexible hours at times
- Successful completion of DOT Physical and Drug screen
- Ability to work in dusty environment
- Ability to handle "on the road" situations that develop from time to time (snow - ice-accidents)
- Ability to work at 15' heights consistently
- Ability to climb ladders consistently
- Ability to lift up to 66 pounds on occasion
- Basic math skills
- Ability to handle permit size loads possibly grossing 95,000 lbs.
Employer of Choice | Supplier of Choice | Customer of Choice
Learning organization committed to high performance, accountability, and improvement
- Formalized professional development
- A coaching & mentoring culture
- Accountability and empowerment of role, responsibility, and decision-making
- Continuous learning environment
- Work that brings purposeful meaning to team members
- Defined opportunities for advancement
- High-performing and passionate colleagues
Market leader with an expanding footprint
- Deep agricultural expertise and a rich company history
- #1 or #2 share leader in our regions and key markets
- Stable customer base & focus on growth
Passion for innovation to shape the agriculture industry
- Over 75 years of delivering innovation with a robust runway for future growth
- Research-based animal nutrition programs, pursuing best technology
- Drive for operational excellence
Recognition and rewards
- Performance based Compensation
- Recognition in the form of professional growth and learning opportunities
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Unique benefits including Scholarship Fund and Meat Bonus
- Competitive health & other benefits
Bringing out the best in our people
- Culture of strong core values
- Formalized Leadership Development program
- Family owned – Professionally managed
- Purpose-driven, knowledgeable leadership
- A commitment to our communities through food banks and acts of compassion
- Leading with integrity – "think straight-talk straight"