Flock Service Technician
- - DF Flock Services
- PA, USA
- Full Time
The Flock Service Technician functions as a consultant and technical adviser to bird growers and egg producers. This individual will monitor the flock records, provide poultry health services, and advise the producer regarding Wenger's feeding program and general flock management. The Flock Service Technician is responsible for motivating and achieving positive change in growers and producers, and fostering strong and productive relationships within our Dutchland Farms network.
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
- Perform bird health functions.
- Review weekly records. Monitor and respond to bird weight and uniformity, mortality, feed consumption, and blood sampling.
- Work with Labs to get flock diseases diagnosed.
- Make sure house is properly prepared for new chickens.
- Monitor and respond to house cleanliness, ventilation, feeding and water system, and fly and rodent control problems including monitoring the SE plan/PEQAP program and any applicable animal welfare programs.
- Identify problems or potential problems and work through possible solutions.
- Diplomatically make recommendations on house maintenance and bird health to house management and/or ownership, and create an environment for positive change.
- Follow the philosophy of Wenger's feed program and Master Program in coordination with flock health. Recommend and order various feeds and treatments.
- Keep informed of recent developments in the poultry industry through literature and training sessions.
- Perform all other duties as directed by supervisor.
Who are you:
- Knowledge of bird health and house management.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas of service as needed.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize duties, and work with minimal direct supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
Benefits you will have:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Easter Hams
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Tuition Reimbursement
- CDL Tuition Reimbursement
- Wenger Scholarship Program
- Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
- Tool and Boot Allowances
- Recognition Awards
- Employee Perks Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
- Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
- Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
- Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.