- - NT Procurement
- Rheems, PA, USA
- Full Time
The Wenger Group is looking for a Human Resources Manager, who is an integral part of our Global Procurement team.
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
The HR Manager will be a strategic partner to the leadership team of their designated Business Unit. This role will be responsible for the oversight and execution of HR initiatives within their Business Unit, including but not limited to recruiting, employee relations, performance management, development, employee engagement, retention, compliance, project management and data analytics. This role will partner with Corporate Shared Services to ensure appropriate adherence, alignment and execution of Company processes and procedures.
- Oversee the talent acquisition process and execution of hiring and retention efforts for designated Business Unit
- Work with Corporate HR to build relationships with local communities and agricultural resources to expand recruiting efforts
- Responsible for the execution of talent development, performance management and succession planning for Business Unit; ensures strategic alignment with Business Unit and company initiatives
- Manage day-to-day employee relations to provide customer satisfaction and timely solutions
- Maintain strong relationships with internal customers and supports team in building and establish relationships to foster a positive work environment and drive culture initiatives
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the organization and Business Unit in conjunction with providing and presenting KPIs to make data driven decisions
- Oversee human resource compliance efforts by ensuring consistent adherence to guidelines, policies, and procedures
Engagement and Influence
- Work as a team player as part of the HR team and designated Business Unit – consistently demonstrating company core values of Integrity, Respect, Quality, Safety, and Stewardship
- Execute employee engagement planning process and administration for designated Business Unit
- Create, lead and maintain engagement plans and planning for the Business Unit.
- Ensure HR team promotes positive employee relations through proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution, and fair and equitable policy administration
- Positively influence and impact the organization by providing HR expertise and innovative solutions
- Act as a member of the Business Unit Leadership Team
- Present key HR metrics and KPIs at leadership meetings
- Serve as a trusted advisor with senior management and advocate for team members
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and polices
- Act as a catalyst for change and serve as a champion to promote and drive cultural initiatives
- Provide guidance and input for Business Unit
- Consult with functional leadership on comprehensive workforce planning
- Responsible for implementing administrative procedures and executing improvements through human resources and other areas
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources processes and procedures including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absence, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, engagement, training, and development.
- Leverage and educates team members on available technology, shared services, HR services and procedures to meet customer needs
- Ensure adherence to Wenger policies, methods, and disciplines
- Other duties as assigned
Who are you:
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of human resources experience
- Agricultural industry experience desired
- SHRM or HRCI certification desired
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite required
Benefits you will have:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Easter Hams
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Tuition Reimbursement
- CDL Tuition Reimbursement
- Wenger Scholarship Program
- Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
- Tool and Boot Allowances
- Recognition Awards
- Employee Perks Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
- Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
- Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
- Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.