- - NT Procurement
- PA, USA
- Full Time
The Grain Buyer will be responsible for procuring grain (corn, wheat, and soybeans) in and around their designated trade area, developing long-term business relationships with identified customers, identifying and contacting prospective customers, working with grain producers to facilitate marketing plans, providing a clear and consistent message to Nutrify and/or Wenger customers, aiding in grain flow/storage planning at the location level, and helping each Wenger Feed Mill location meet production and quality goals. This person will be responsible for ensuring company and customer risk management strategies are followed at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively and efficiently procuring grain from area producers into the Wenger Feed Mill system, focusing on both basis, quality, volume, and strategic objectives.
- Developing long-term business relationships with a targeted customer and strive to meet the individual customer's marketing needs, along with identifying and promoting the value of doing business with the Nutrify/Wenger Team. The primary goal will be to maximize mutual value for both the customer and Nutrify.
- Understanding and following Nutrify's grain contracting procedures as well as National Grain and Feed Association Trade and Arbitration Rules in daily grain contract activity.
- Communicating effectively with customers, via direct and electronic means (i.e. text messaging, e-mail, newsletters, social media, etc.), and with others in the Nutrify Procurement Department to originate and procure grain.
- Tracking and communicating producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants/needs/concerns to the appropriate people within the Nutrify Management Team.
- Utilizing and maintaining detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customers' needs and the unique characteristics of their operations.
- Participating and assisting in the planning and execution of the Nutrify Grain Procurement Team strategy, business plans, and marketing efforts.
- Supporting and enhancing sourcing and savings/cost reduction strategy development and execution.
- Working closely with Wenger Feed Mill Managers to make joint farm calls to effectively initiate/maintain customer relationships with Nutrify.
- Creating reports for management updates and develop KPIs to track metrics and drive continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of seasonal and geographical market characteristics and identify strategies to alleviate supply risk.
- Performing market research, competitor analysis, product evaluations and testing.
- Writing contracts and negotiating purchase agreements while also monitoring purchase orders, invoice purchases and ensuring timely payment for farmer suppliers.
- Reviewing and implementing transparent e-tools for supplier selection.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agriculture/rural background with knowledge of production agriculture; Strong customer focus; Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have a valid driver's license with the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to develop mutual trust and satisfaction with vendors and customers.
- Experience with CBOT and related activities preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem-solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to recognize future trends and commercial awareness.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts