- - Financial Reporting
- 17570, PA, USA
- Full Time
The Wenger Group is looking for an Financial Analyst, who is an integral part of our finance team.
The Financial Analyst position will have an active role in financial planning reporting, and analysis for the Animal Nutrition business unit of The Wenger Group. This position will support the fiscal period close process for management reporting, internal controls over financial reporting, ad hoc & project analysis, budgeting, and annual audit processes.
What your day looks like:
• Ensure adherence to Wenger policies, methods, and disciplines
• Prepare period end financial reports as well as prepare and post journal entries as part of the financial close process. Review and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts each period.
• Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margin. Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Prepare forecasts to help predict the company's future financial performance.
• Assist with weekly sales and price reporting.
• Assist with capital and working capital spending and planning such as analyzing, tracking, forecasting, and reporting capital spend.
• Perform variance analysis comparing current results to budget, forecast, and prior year results as a part of monthly reporting.
• Develop financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives.
• Provide support during the annual budget process, including collecting, reviewing, and reporting budget information.
• Assist in ad hoc projects as directed by supervisor.
• Ensure procedures are documented and updated regularly.
• Assist in collection and preparation of documentation requested for the annual outside audit and tax preparation.
• Provide backup and assistance for other positions and perform additional responsibilities within the department as requested
Who you are:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and 3 or more years of experience
• CPA or CMA license preferred
• Knowledgeable in US GAAP
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and computer skills
• Demonstrates a positive attitude. Works well with finance and non-finance team members.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• High degree of organization, plans and executes work effectively, and able to work with confidential information.
Who are we:
We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
• Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
• 401(k) plan with an employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life/AD&D
• Voluntary Life
• Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Easter Hams
• Thanksgiving Turkeys
• Tuition Reimbursement
• CDL Tuition Reimbursement
• Wenger Scholarship Program
• Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
• Tool and Boot Allowances
• Recognition Awards
• Employee Perks Program
• Training & Development Opportunities
• Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
• Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
• Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
• Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wenger Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Wenger Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.