Truck Service Technician
- - Garage
- Rheems , PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Truck Service Technician
This individual is responsible for general vehicle maintenance and repair of Wenger Feeds' owned vehicles.
What your day looks like:
1. General commercial motor vehicle, commercial tank trailer, and small vehicle repair and maintenance.
2. Handle on-call duties as scheduled.
3. Other duties as determined by the Truck Service Technician Leader.
Who you are:
• Possess truck mechanic experience and ability to effectively diagnose and repair motor vehicles.
• Possession of a valid class Class A CDL license is preferred, along with a good driving record.
• Endorsements: 'N' Tank; Lift 'L' Air Brake Restriction.
• Completion of refrigerant course desirable.
• Possess PA Inspection License Class 7.
• Ability to handle heavy objects: tires, springs, brake drums and tools to repair vehicles, up to 80 lbs.
• Ability to work inside tank bins (confined area).
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights of 15'.
• General welding skills and ability to work with hydraulics a plus.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area, encouraging safety and efficiency.
• Accurately and promptly completes all repair related paperwork, to include those related to proper inventory and parts usage.
• Perform all duties in a professional and safe manner, compliant with all governmental, Wenger Feeds, and Wenger Feeds Garage policies & procedures.
• Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
• 401(k) plan with an employer match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Basic Life/AD&D
• Voluntary Life
• Flexible Spending
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Easter Hams
• Thanksgiving Turkeys
• Tuition Reimbursement
• CDL Tuition Reimbursement
• Wenger Scholarship Program
• Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
• Tool and Boot Allowances
• Recognition Awards
• Employee Perks Program
• Training & Development Opportunities
• Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
• Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
• Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
• Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Wenger Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Wenger Group makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.