- - Turbotville
- PA, USA
- Full Time
The Location Manager is responsible for directing and managing grain and fertilizer operations which includes the supervision of all employees at the location, oversight of quality in receiving and all grain and fertilizer operations, inventory management, safety, driving production efficiencies, management of location costs and meeting customer quality expectations. To accomplish these responsibilities, they will effectively collaborate with quality, procurement, transportation and the financial areas of the Company.
They will work with the Transportation Supervisor in assessing driver performance. The manager is responsible for scheduling location activities, managing the inventory of ingredients and supplies, preparing for and ensuring compliance with housekeeping audits, working with mechanics and operations in scheduling preventive maintenance and participating in safety and leadership meetings.
The location manager is responsible for compliance with all company policies, as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations. The manager is responsible for reporting monthly, financial and production activities. The location manager is responsible for all activities that take place at their facility. The manager will operate standard office equipment, grain and fertilizer equipment and computer automation equipment as well as retail operations if applicable.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Ensure adherence to Wenger policies, methods, and disciplines
• Manage and coordinate the daily labor planning, utilization and evaluation of performance.
• Responsible that all employees are properly trained in quality, grain handling, storing, safety and environmental policies
• Ensure appropriate and effective level of staffing requirements to fulfill production expectations within budget.
• Works in collaboration with HR in recruiting talent.
• Provides effective leadership to drive engagement and morale of mill employees
• Provide development opportunities for all level employees
• Supervise and coordinate with the Maintenance /Operations the repair and maintenance of all equipment and coordinating repair and maintenance with feed production
• Manage overall cleanliness and appearance of the facility
• Responsibility for the adherence to all safety procedures and programs with Safety Compliance Coordinator
• Responsible to comply with all environmental policies including relationships with vendor emergency cleanup needs working through the Facilities and Environmental Coordinator
Grain and Inventory Management
• Ensures the quality of grains from receipt through storage, including bin rotation and clean out.
• Ensure appropriate testing protocols are adhered to relative to grain receiving.
• Take ownership for overall location inventories in terms of accuracy of reporting and levels needed to sustain daily operations
• Responsible for the quality of the outbound for both grain and fertilizer product
• Foster a working relationship with the end user customers
Administrative and Other
• Coordinate reporting and record-keeping functions with mill supervisor and shift supervisors
• Perform other duties as determined by the Regional Grain and Fertilizer Operations Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly and up to 100 lbs. on occasion
• Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to work in dusty conditions
• Understanding of the financial drivers of the business and managing a budget
• Proficient math skills
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• General maintenance skills
• Commitment to develop a safe culture
• Demonstrates Wenger's Core Values
• Management experience with demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities
• Ability to collaborate and interact across all levels of the organization
• Positive attitude and able to motivate team members at all levels
• Ability to lead continuous improvement in operations and service levels
• Demonstrates desire to continue in personal professional and leadership development
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts