Mill Maintenance Technician
- - Hempfield Mill
- Lancaster, PA, USA
- Full Time
The Wenger Group is looking for a full-time Mill Maintenance Technician, who is an integral part of our feed manufacturing team.
What your day looks like:
• Conduct daily maintenance work activities in assigned equipment areas and sets up any additional work maintenance schedules required
• Continuously maintain awareness of any maintenance problems and develop strategies and procedures to correct existing problems and helps eliminate any future maintenance related issues or reduce unscheduled down times due to maintenance issues
• Develop and continue to improve upon a thorough cost effective Preventative Maintenance Program, along with supporting maintenance supervisor to meet management goals
• Promote an active safety awareness program, including applying clean housekeeping practices to tools, equipment and facility
• Ensure that all procedures are properly followed while conducting a repair
• Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental, safety and quality laws and procedures
• Troubleshoot causes of plant equipment problems and work independently and/or with maintenance team and equipment operators to ensure proper and permanent fixes are in place
• Perform housekeeping duties as requested by the Mill Manager, Mill Supervisor or Maintenance Supervisor
• Function as the "on call" maintenance for the mill
• Travel to other mills when needed for preventive maintenance
Who you are:
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
Evidence of analytical reasoning and mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Production manufacturing or agriculture (livestock/grain feed) industry experience preferred.
Ability to lift 50 pounds on a consecutive basis required.
Who are we:
We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
For all full-time team members, we offer full medical, dental and vision insurance. All team members are eligible to participate in a 401(k) Plan with an employer match, Basic Life & AD&D, Voluntary Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending, Employee Referral Bonus, Safety Bonus, Meat Bonus, Easter Hams, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Annual Outing, Tuition Reimbursement, Wenger Sponsorship Program, Uniform and/or Corporate Wear, Tool and Boot Allowances, Recognition Awards. Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
**Eligibility is dependent upon position, level, years of service, company performance, and Executive Team approval**
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. As a progressive company with strong core values, we offer a professional working environment and a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Wenger Group is a drug-free workplace. All positions require candidates to pass a pre-employment drug test.