- - NT Procurement
- 17570, PA, USA
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Ingredient Buyer
Supervised by: Chief of Procurement, Nutrify
Who are we:
- We're a growing company in an essential sector – agriculture!
- We provide our customers with poultry, swine, and dairy feeds, performance ingredient solutions, conventional and specialty eggs, grain, fertilizer, and allied services in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- We've grown steadily since 1944 from a single location to ten feed milling locations in two states.
- Over 450 team members now call The Wenger Group home.
- We provide ample room for career growth and advancement.
- Additional information can be found at our web site: https://www.thewengergroup.com
What will you do:
The Ingredient Buyer is responsible for procuring, selling, and trading bulk ingredients. The Ingredient Buyer must correctly prioritize feed customer needs when procuring ingredients, while sustaining profitability to benefit both Nutrify and WFM customers. This individual's responsibilities include but are not limited to procurement (negotiation & purchasing) and contract management for bulk ingredients. Procurement transactions in this position will follow the company and customer risk management strategies to maximize returns and maintain competitive pricing. This position is responsible to ensure Wenger Feed Mill locations have adequate inventory on hand and do not run out of product while maintaining team member relationships and establishing long-term relationships with suppliers and customers. This individual will develop and execute raw material strategies, monitor quality issues, and administer corrective actions as needed.
- Purchase bulk ingredients with cost savings to prevailing market creating a focus on increasing customer profitability and retention.
- Profitably lead the increase (internally and externally) of Nutrify' s sales and trading of bulk ingredients.
- Ensure that all freight opportunities are leveraged and maximized. P&L reporting on this function will need to be maintained.
- Establish and negotiate pricing for protein by-products, grain by-products, and other misc. bulk feed ingredients.
- Communicate daily with Ingredient Logistics Coordinator to ensure material is on hand to avoid downtime. This position must own the ingredient/inventory shift process at the location level, directing the ILC to establish trucking as needed.
- Manage contracts, including PO/Supplier contract reconciliation and negotiating/correcting inaccuracies on receipts/invoices.
- Support ingredient supplier analysis and risk assessment plans regarding quality and performance areas.
- Purchase ingredients according to product specifications; manage vendor quality through evaluations and audits and in select customer service arrangements this position will manage customer inventory.
- Ability to maintain constructive, professional, and team-oriented working relationships with supply chain members and colleagues (both internal and external).
- Manage commodity inventories including direct ship and inventory purchases to ensure optimal profitability.
- Manage day to day operations with customers, brokers, and suppliers. Ownership of this area is vital. Provide training and development to others on team regarding all areas of job knowledge and skill.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Agriculture/rural background with knowledge of production agriculture; Strong customer focus; Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have a valid driver's license with the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to develop mutual trust and satisfaction with vendors and customers.
- Experience with CBOT and related activities preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem-solving skills necessary to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to recognize future trends and commercial awareness.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Relationship building - An ability to identify and initiate working relationships and to develop and maintain them in a way that is of mutual benefit to both yourself and the other party
Benefits you will have:
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Voluntary Life
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Easter Hams
- Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Tuition Reimbursement
- CDL Tuition Reimbursement
- Wenger Scholarship Program
- Uniform and/or Corporate Wear
- Tool and Boot Allowances
- Recognition Awards
- Employee Perks Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Celebratory giveaways throughout the year
- Sign on Bonus (eligible positions)
- Employee Referral Bonus (after 90 days of successful employment)
- Each team member has the potential to earn a yearly bonus based on the achievement of company goals.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts